Relatively weak compared to most other races, the majority of the human population are slaves under the Dragonborn. As slaves or fugitives humans have little power over their lives, so they have developed a culture of adaptability and opportunism.
- Choose two ability scores and increase each by 1
- Adult Age: 15-70
- Size: Medium; average 5’4"-5’8" tall, ~140-160 pounds
- Speed: 30’
- Languages: Common, Silit-Lexri, can understand one additional language (the language of their masters, or one of the player’s choice if born free)
- Proficiencies: One skill proficiency of choice, one save of choice.
- Adaptable: As a reaction, you may add your proficiency bonus to any ability check you make that doesn’t already include it. You can use this ability after making the roll, but before the DM determines the result of the roll. You may not use this ability again until you take a long or short rest.
- Storied past: When choosing a background for your character, pick two backgrounds rather than one. You can make use of the Feature of both backgrounds. Choose each of the following separately from either background: Languages and skill/tool proficiencies, starting equipment and gold.
Recommended classes: Any
Available backgrounds: Acolyte, Criminal, Entertainer, Folk Hero, Hermit, Outlander, Sailor, Urchin