Mostly live in swamps and jungle, but occasionally one of them gets curious and goes adventuring. Lizardfolk skin is drab green-gray in humid environments, brown-gray in very dry weather, and turns dark green-gray underwater.
- Dex +2, Wis +1
- Adult Age: 15-80
- Size: Small; average ~3.5’ tall, ~60lb
- Speed: 25’, swim 30’
- Darkvision 60’
- Languages: Common, Reptilian (marsh & jungle) or Lexri (dragonborn lands)
- Proficiencies: Javelin, Blowgun, Net
- Natural Weapon: Bite 1d4 piercing
- Special: Hold Breath: 5 + Con modifier minutes before falling unconscious from lack of air
- Counterweight tail: Advantage on Balance checks when tail is unhindered
- Camouflage: Advantage on Stealth checks in natural settings
- Unusual anatomy: Lizardfolk cannot wear boots or armor that does not accommodate their tail. Greaves take up the boot slot, and are an appropriate replacement; armor can be modified, though this can be costly (40% of market price, or 40% of equivalent nonmagical masterwork market price for magical items).
Lizardfolk are an underclass in the Dragonborn Empire, considered to not be worth the trouble of enslaving. Instead they’re used as menial servants. Dragonborn typically don’t bother to learn the names of their servants; lizardfolk are generally addressed as “tilsi” (lizard) by their dragonborn masters. Few lizardfolk are literate, and as such lizardfolk storytellers & spiritual leaders have a strong oral tradition.
Recommended classes: Ranger, Rogue, Monk
Available backgrounds: Acolyte (prayer wheel or rosary only), Charlatan, Criminal, Entertainer, Guild Artisan, Hermit, Outlander, Sailor, Soldier