Deep dwarves, based more on the original Norse mythology than the D&D canon.
- Int +2, Wis +1
- Adult Age: 50-350
- Size: Small; average 4’ tall, ~50lb
- Speed: 25’
- Vision: Darkvision 60’
- Languages: Common, Tala, Runic (Tala’s written form)
- Proficiencies: Appraise, Int: History, choice of artisan’s tools
- Deep Cunning: advantage on Int, Wis, & Cha saves vs. magic
- Stonecunning: double proficiency bonus on Int: History checks related to unusual stonework
- Artificer’s Lore: double proficiency bonus on Int: History checks related to magic items, alchemical objects, or technological devices
Recommended classes: Warlock, Wizard
Available backgrounds: Criminal (spy variant only), Guild Artisan, Sage
Culture and history: Superlative mage-smiths. Very rarely seen outside of their hidden under-mountain kingdoms, though a few are known to reside in the Dragonborn capital, training the dragon-lords’ artificers on behalf of the Duergar republics in exchange for shipments of food and raw materials. It is rumored that they have some wondrous means of transportation which allows them to move from one under-mountain fastness to another, no matter how far, without entering the outside world.
Religion: Most duergar revere an archetype they call the Seeker, typified by an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and a willingness to take risks in the pursuit of new insights.